Friday, December 11, 2009

Living Vicariously

I am a big enough person to admit that sometimes I do things for my kids that may be a bit more for me than for them. Not that I would ever do anything that they hate or would cause them any harm...but sometimes I feel the need to live vicariously through my children. To that end, Annah has been taking riding lessons (and doing quite well, if I do say so myself) so the next logical (logical for a horse-crazy mom, anyway) step was for her to try her hand at a horseshow. I am so darn proud of her. It was cold and Rainy was a little jumpy, but she got out there and rode anyway and won herself her first blue ribbon (as a note, the leadline class awards every rider a blue ribbon, but still, it's a blue ribbon).


There are probably a couple hundred pictures of one of my parents holding my horse at some horseshow or another, so it seems only fitting that now there's one of me holding Annah's pony.




Cutest thing ever!






Lining up for the judge to pin her class
(she "just couldn't make a decision" so they all won)



Annah was bummed her ribbon wasn't pink



I love this picture...she was already excited about taking her ribbon to show and tell



This is too sweet for words...








No comments: