Monday, December 6, 2010

Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town!

My very dear friend, Micah (Stand By Me) has started her own photography business and I am so happy for her. Micah (her website is http://www.micahleighphotography.com/) does amazing pictures, so when she asked if we would like to have Santa come over to our house to take pictures with some of our friends, my first response was Absolutely! My second thought (once I thought about how many small children would be in my house) was "oh, hell, what have I gotten myself into?!" I must say, it went very smoothly. Liam was so excited he couldn't stand it. Santa was not even all the way in the door, before Liam was all over him..."Santa, Santa, Santa, Iwantabuzzwightyearscootaforchristmas! Agreenwon! Abuzzwightyearwon!" To which, Santa made the very same face you are probably making right now. That translates to Santa, I want a Buzz Lightyear Scooter, but when you're that excited, it comes out kind of crazy! Even Annah was agreeable to sit on Santa's lap and tell him what she wants for Christmas. Thankfully, she was a little easier to understand! Our Elf, Elfie, has been keeping a very close eye on these little monkeys to make sure they stay on the nice list and get everything they want this year! As chaotic as the day was, I am so glad we did it! What an amazing experience for Annah and Liam to have Santa in their very own house! And we got the chance to share it with 20 of our closest friends! In the end, it was totally worth it...
Just look as those faces!
Micah, I think we have set a precedent, so get ready for next year!