Saturday, March 19, 2011

Rainbows and Sunshine

It's true that life (in particular, being a mom) is not always rainbows and sunshine. But sometimes, it just is! Today was one of those days. Yesterday Annah lost her first tooth. I am so proud of the big girl she is turning into. She has really grown (emotionally...not sure she will ever grow physically) so much this past year and she is getting so much more confident. Gone is my little girl who used to hide between my legs. Even though I am amazed to watch her grow, I am a little sad to see my baby growing up. You'll see in the pictures, she is really turning into a kid

Today was Liam's first soccer game. While he has no concept of a team, I have to give him credit. He got out there and played (by played, I mean he ran around a lot and there was a ball involved). He does everything in life with his heart on his sleeve. You never have to wonder how Liam might be feeling because all you have to do is look at his sweet face...it's all right there!

So, after a fun-filled morning of soccer and shopping at Target (had to spend that tooth fairy money), we came home to an absolutely beautiful afternoon. I just couldn't resist getting the camera back out to take some pictures. Some good friends came over and the kids had a blast (Dierdre and I even managed to have ourselves a margarita on the deck while they played in the backyard). Today was one of those days that I feel so peaceful about where I am in my life. I know I am right where I am supposed to be. Today was full of rainbows and sunshine!

(author's note: Christi, you were not home...I did try to ask...so I hope you don't mind the use of your tree! I'll come take some pictures of the girls for "tree rental!"

No comments: