Monday, June 1, 2009

The First and The Last

Last Friday was a big day for Annah. It was her last day of school and her first real sleepover all in the same day! For her last day of school, they had a family picnic. Everyone packed a picnic lunch and even Will managed a cameo. Annah got to spend a little time playing with her best school friend, Amelia. Annah's teacher also told me she had suggested that Annah and Amelia be in the same class next year. I am so proud of the turn-around that Annah made in school this year. I remember (vividly) the first few months when I would leave and hear her crying all the way in the parking lot...or see her on the playground all by herself just shaking, she was so upset. But by the end of the year, she was ready to go in the morning, made some really good friends, and seemed to really come into her own. While I would love to think that this was all due to some mommy-magic I preformed, but I really have to give her teachers (and Annah) all the credit.



Annah and Amelia



After her last day of school, Annah had her first sleepover (well, first that didn't involve a relative). Delainey spent Friday night at our house. They did great...went right to sleep and never heard a peep until Saturday morning. So cute, but makes me realize (once again) my baby is growing up!
Bedtime snack



I couldn't resist




No comments: