Sunday, August 9, 2009

Bonjour Butterfly

Anyone who has ever read this blog knows that we have a rather large fascination with Fancy Nancy in our house. There is a Fancy Nancy book called, Bonjour Butterfly, where among other things, Fancy Nancy visits a butterfly garden. EdVenture has it's very own butterfly garden exhibit here until September (or October, I'm not really sure) and Annah was very excited to go see the butterflies. She was hoping for an azure butterfly (like in the book)...none of those, but lots and lots of butterflies, none the less. We met up with Laura, Delainey and Jacqueline at EdVenture and had a great time!


There were only 2 rules in the butterfly exhibit:
1) Don't step on the butterflies and 2) don't touch their wings

Yet, with only two rules, we still managed to break half of them. Here's Liam moments before the breaking of rule #1. It makes me cringe just looking at the picture...



...but he thought it was hysterical



The upshot to Liam's mistake was that said injured butterfly sat on my finger for all the kids to get a great look at up close




Delainey and Annah wanted a picture of this one




This is so sweet (injured butterfly again)



Annah was really afraid of a butterfly landing on her...what kind of little girl is afraid of a butterfly?!



Give this kid anything with a steering wheel and he is as happy as a pig in poop


I think (and I know this is a shock) that I might take too many pictures because in this picture Liam saw me with the camera and was saying "cheese!"



Annah looked VERY comfortable on the tractor...was this kid raised in a barn?
Actually, yes, she was!




Firefighter Annah

There were several school groups at EdVenture. By that I mean several groups of kids with little adult supervision and even fewer manners. Liam was waiting to drive the car and they kept jumping in front of him in line. I was going back and forth in my head between setting the good example and waiting patiently OR yelling at the little monsters to give my baby a turn so we could go home already...eventually Liam worked out his own tactic...

Tears...

...worked like a charm!














No comments: