Monday, November 17, 2008

The Cup











No, not The Cup, The Colonial Cup. For anyone who might not be from here, the Carolina Cup is "The Cup." It is a steeplechase held usually the weekend before Easter and is one big party. My kids are not allowed to go to The Cup until they are 21 (or in college at the very least). At the same racetrack though there is the Colonial Cup. It is also steeplechase held right around Thanksgiving and is a much more family oriented event. Lots of kids, a petting zoo, Jack Russell races, some drinking but nothing like it's sister race. (As an aside, I did manage to get myself in a fair amount of trouble at the Colonial Cup my sophmore year in high school and this is why my kids are not going without me until college!). At any rate, Mom and I took Annah and Liam to Camden to watch the ponies. It was a little chilly, but otherwise a gorgeous day with not a cloud in the sky. I think Liam enjoyed his first horse race and Annah has always loved going. Will chose to go to the Carolina game instead. One of these days we are going to get him to like horses! Maybe once Liam is a trainer for a Derby winner, we can get him to go too! :)

No comments: