Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Half Birthday, Liam











All the activity really wore Belle out! (Very lady-like too)


Happy half birthday, my Little Man! It is so hard to believe that 6 months has already gone by. It scares me a little that time will continue to go so fast. Before I know it, you will be crawling and walking and on and on! You are the snuggliest and happiest baby I have ever seen and I love you to pieces! At Liam's 6 month well check up he is out-pacing Annah at a bizare rate. He is 16 lbs 14 oz (Annah weighed 17 lbs at a year) and 27.5" (Annah was the exact same length at 9 mos). He is 90th %ile for height and 25th for weight. Sadly, if he continues to grow at this rate, my dreams of my son being a jockey are pretty much over. Maybe he can be a trainer instead. They tend to do better for themselves (and it's not so dangerous too). Whatever he chooses will be fine, as long as he is happy. We had the most awful nurse ever at the doctor today. I am normally so pleased with the nurses at Sandhills, but today was sub-par at best. We were waiting forever after we saw Dr DuBose and he was getting hungery, so I thought I would go ahead and nurse him while we were waiting. This has happened before, and they will usually say something like, "Oh, I'm sorry. I'll come back in just a minute. Just stick your head out when he's done." Not this nurse. She just set her stuff down and said "Lay him down and hold his hands." No "How are you?" Nothing! No"I'm sorry to do this to you." NOTHING! She is totally in the wrong profession. The morning ended up better. Laura and Jacqueline were also at the office this morning so we went to Starbucks and had a coffee (and an adult conversation) before we had to go get the girls from school. Here are a couple pictures of my 1/2 year old little buddy

No comments: