Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!

Such a cute picture, sadly out of focus



Gardner, Annah, Liam and Perry











Happy Thanksgiving. I would like to take a minute to remind myself of all of the things I am thankful for...it is far too easy to get caught up in the day-to-day hassles and loose sight of what is really important in life. Just a few minutes ago, I was running back and forth between Annah and Liam's rooms trying (in vain) to get them both to go to sleep already! I found myself getting increasingly more and more frustrated that they would not, or could not, just close their eyes. I am exausted, why aren't they? But then I realized how lucky I am am to have these two children in the first place. There are plenty of people out there who would jump at the chance to have kids, even if that meant getting no sleep, rare showers, and zero alone time. I am so fortunate to have two happy, healthy (and absolutely adorable) children. Tonight might not be easy, but this too shall pass. So this Thanksgiving, I am most thankful for my family (immediate, extended, and four-legged), friends, my home, and all that I have been blessed with. I am truly fortunate for all that I have.

No comments: