Monday, October 5, 2009

Happy Birthday, Annah!

Annah's birthday (birth-week according to Annah...I have no idea where that came from :) ) falls on a Wednesday this year, so we had her party this past Sunday. We went to a birthday party in July where Sarah Dippity was and Annah was hooked. Ever since then, she has been asking if Sarah Dippity could come to her birthday party. Actually, she wanted to have her party at Leapin Lizards and have Sarah Dippity come there too. In the interest of not spending a million dollars on a birthday party, we decided to just have Sarah Dippity come to our house. For the record, it was worth every penny! The kids LOVED her! Honestly, she has the patience of a saint! Plus, I actually got to watch the party, which was a nice treat for me. It happens too often that I am so caught up in the details that I end up missing some of the best moments of birthday parties, so I really appreciated getting to watch Annah and her friends enjoy themselves.
Sarah Dippity started by asking for someone "very special" to come up and help her with her first magic trick. It was so funny b/c half of the kids raised their hands and said "I'm special!" I wish I had a picture of Annah's face when she realized that she was the one who was "special." It was priceless! Anyone who knows my child, knows that she is a bit shy! I was afraid she would get nervous in front of everyone, but not at all! Maybe it was b/c she knew everyone there or maybe it was Sarah Dippity, but she got right up there and had a blast. That, in and of itself, was reason enough to have Sarah Dippity over and over again.

Here are the kids right before Annah went "on stage"

Annah in her cameo performance


They say a picture is worth a thousand words...I think this speaks volumes about what a good time the kids had


When they weren't cracking up, they all had this expression on their faces. Totally captivated!



Happy birthday to you...
This was Annah's only shy moment. She told me the day before her party that when everyone sings happy birthday to her, it makes her want to "crawl under the table." She did just that, but she did manage to come out to blow out her candle!



Mommy and Daddy gave Annah the Barbie Jeep for her big present. Unfortunately, Granddaddy left the battery to the jeep at the shop (I had to assemble it at mom and dad's so Annah wouldn't see it), so there was some frustration until we got it up and running!



This is a little irrelevant, but I loved the girls' party favors I had made. The boys didn't get left out, but these were just so darn cute!







No comments: